With a wide, curved blade designed to accommodate both chopping and rocking cuts, this versatile rocking santoku is perfect for chopping herbs, mincing shallots, and cutting tasks of all sizes. The unique shape of the blade makes it easy to use a rocking cut for quicker, more efficient cutting and decreased prep time.
Designed exclusively for Sur La Table, Artisan knives feature an industry-leading micro-carbide SG2 core plated in nickel and stainless steel for a dramatic textured finish and exceptional performance. Each knife is hand-honed using a blend of traditional methods and cutting-edge techniques, resulting in a true katana edge that glides effortlessly through almost any food. The uniquely shaped handle is constructed from beautiful cocobolo-rosewood pakkawood with handsome decorative embellishments and rests comfortably and securely in the hand.
- Handmade by skilled artisans in Seki City, Japan
- Industry-leading SG2 core features is ice-hardened to 63 Rockwell hardness for exceptional durability
- SG2 powder-steel core is clad in layers of nickel and stainless steel, then given a hammered finish that helps prevent sticking and looks stunning
- Blade is hand-honed to an exceptionally sharp 9½° to 12° symmetrical edge
- Distinctive pakkawood handle is designed to rest comfortably in the hand and features brass and red spacers, a stainless steel bolster and end cap, and an attractive mosaic pin