The Wüsthof Classic Ikon 3.5" Paring Knife (4086/9) is a small all-purpose knife of with a plain edge and is ideal for all small cutting tasks in the kitchen. After a chef's knife, the paring knife is the most important knife in a chef's toolkit. Best suited for cutting hand-held items, a paring knife can peel an apple, remove the stem from a strawberry, and take the eyes out of a potato without breaking a sweat. The paring knife is also great for mincing garlic on a cutting board. It can even de-vein shrimp with ease. For those with an artistic flair who enjoy fun and interesting fruit and vegetable platters, the paring knife makes a perfect garnishing tool for carving fine and intricate patterns on a variety of foods. Like the chef?s knife, the paring knife is a kitchen essential.
CLASSIC IKON knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance